BIDDING FOR AN ALBERTA GAMES
All Alberta Municipalities are invited to submit a bid to host the Alberta Games.
Consultative assistance and bid guidelines for municipalities interested in hosting an Alberta Games are available from the Multisport Games staff.
HOSTING AN ALBERTA GAMES
- The Alberta Games have been an economic and community development driver since 1974.
The Alberta Games provide an economic impact of approximately $3 million to a host municipality.
- The Alberta Games are an opportunity for a municipality to showcase their sport and cultural facilities to thousands of participants, spectators and officials that attend.
- A modified Alberta Games format may be proposed by smaller or first time hosting municipalities.
- An Operational Grant of $420,000 will be provided to the Host Society.
Access to other Alberta Government grants and provincial casinos are also available.
- Host municipalities receive consultative assistance throughout the Games planning process.
CURRENT BID OPPORTUNITIES
Bids for the 2026 Alberta Games are now open.
The "Alberta Games" is a program of the Ministry of Alberta Culture and is intended to provide a competitive opportunity in a multi-sport festival for "developing" athletes eleven (11) to sixteen (16) years of age of Canada Games sports.
The Government of Alberta believes that all communities within the Province of Alberta, that are capable of appropriately accommodating participants and providing adequate sport facilities, should be given the opportunity to bid to host an Alberta Winter or Summer Games.
Please see the Bid guidelines below if your community is interested in hosting either the 2026 Alberta Winter Games or the 2026 Alberta Summer Games
Bid Guidelines - Alberta Winter Games
Bid Guidelines - Alberta Summer Games
Alberta Multisport Games
Alberta Sport Physical Activity and Recreation Branch
620, 615 MacLeod Trail SW
Calgary, AB T2G 4T8
Email: [email protected]