BIDDING FOR AN ALBERTA GAMES
All Alberta Municipalities are invited to submit a bid to host the Alberta Games.
Consultative assistance and bid guidelines for municipalities interested in hosting an Alberta Games are available from the Multisport Games staff.
HOSTING AN ALBERTA GAMES
- The Alberta Games have been an economic and community development driver since 1974.
The Alberta Games provide an economic impact of approximately $3 million to a host municipality.
- The Alberta Games are an opportunity for a municipality to showcase their sport and cultural facilities to thousands of participants, spectators and officials that attend.
- A modified Alberta Games format may be proposed by smaller or first time hosting municipalities.
- An Operational Grant of $420,000 will be provided to the Host Society.
Access to other Alberta Government grants and provincial casinos are also available.
- Host municipalities receive consultative assistance throughout the Games planning process.
CURRENT BID OPPORTUNITIES
We are pleased to have the following Alberta Games bid opportunities available.
- 2024 Alberta Winter Games - 2024 AWG Bid Guidelines
- 2024 Alberta Summer Games - 2024 ASG Bid Guidelines
Deadlines for the 2024 Alberta Games Bids
- March 25, 2022 – Letter of intent to bid due including resolution from Municipal Council.
- April 29, 2022 – Complete bid package due to Alberta Multi Sport Branch
Please see the Bid Guidelines above for information on completing the bid process.