We are excited to welcome Alberta’s top young athletes, coaches and parents to our area and have them experience the good life in Airdrie.
With over 68,000 residents, Airdrie is a young and dynamic city, ready to welcome athletes and visitors. Its central location proves to make a good home base for those who are travelling to Calgary or other provincial attractions. Don’t let Airdrie’s rustic charm fool you. The city is one of the fasted growing communities in Canada and is bustling with opportunity and entrepreneurism. Airdrie is a vibrant, caring community and residents are active in their community. Airdrie has a big sports community and families are involved in everything from acrobatic arts to weightlifting. There is something for everyone in Airdrie!
Did you know? This past December 2018, Airdrie hosted Rogers Hometown Hockey with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone. Airdrie was also the host of the 2014 Alberta Summer Games.
Airdrie is home to some Elite Athletes including:
- Keely Brown (Curling)
- Janelle Desmarais-Moen (Trampoline and Tumbling)
- Eric Pothier (Luge)
- Emily McWilliam (Karate)
- Corissa Boychuk (Trampoline)
- Zach Boychuk (Hockey)
- Darrell Belyk (Wrestling)
- Piper Fitzgerald (Dance)
- Danica McDonald (Swimming)
- Sammy Cool (Female BMX)
- Ty Rattie (Edmonton Oilers)
- Jake Vold (Canadian Finals Rodeo) – Red Deer
- Paolo Falzi (Lacrosse)
- Savanna Martel and Kobi Chant (Figure Skating)
- Teyana Roberts (Judo)
- Spencer Allan (Para-Alpine Giant Slalom)
- Keegan Slaney (WHL Hockey)
- Craig Armstrong (WHL Hockey)
- Brianne Tutt (Olympic Speedskater)