Thank you to everyone that has volunteered to help make the games a great expereince for all of the Athletes, Coaches, Officials and visitors to the City of Airdrie. We could not do it without you!!!
Alberta Winter Games volunteers make a big difference in the lives of our young athletes through their generous contributions of time, skill and commitment. To make the four-day even successful and create a lasting memory for these athletes, the Games will need 2,000 volunteers to help in all aspects of the event.
Join the team and get involved!
- All of our athletes, coaches and chaperons will be staying at our local schools. We will need volunteers at the schools to welcome the athletes and check accreditation (to make sure they are at the right school), direct them to their rooms and answer general inquiries. These shifts will vary from school to school but we will likely have early morning shifts as well as afternoon/evening shifts.
- We will be feeding over 2000 athletes for multiple meals each day between Feb. 14-17. That means we need a lot of help in the Food Centre. Serving food in the buffet line, assisting with clean up, etc. We will have a dinner shift on Friday the 14th. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner shifts on Saturday and Sunday. And, the final Breakfast shift on Monday.
- We have a lot of people and buses to keep organized. We are looking for volunteers who can be Arrival Ambassadors welcoming athletes from around the province into the Registration Centre and then getting them back onto the buses after registration is complete. Ambassadors will need to get on the buses too and guide the Drivers to the appropriate Athlete Village (local school), so they need to know Airdrie. We also need Guides for People, Parking and Traffic during our busy times.
- Are you a people person? We need help welcoming spectators into our venues and checking their wristbands. They will also need to answer questions and provide directions as needed.
- This exciting event is our kick off to the 2020 Alberta Winter Games. It is being held downtown Airdrie on February 14th. We will need help with set up and take down, and guiding athletes, buses, and the general public.
- We are hosting over a dozen sports during the 2020 Alberta Winter Games and we need volunteers to help make everything run smoothly, from setup to score keepers! Check out the list of sports still needing volunteers and choose your favourite.
- Please Note: Biathlon and Cross Country Skiing are being held in Canmore, Volleyball is at the Volleydome near CrossIron Mills, Speed Skating is at the Olympic Oval, Artistic Swimming is at Rocky Ridge YMCA Calgary. All other sport are hosted in Airdrie.
Sunday January 26, 2020 from 1:00 – 5:00pm at the Town & Country Centre in Airdrie (103-275 Jensen Dr NE). This will be an opportunity for registered volunteers to pick up their swag and meet their team leaders. If you are not registered but still want to help out, please stop by and we can get you registered!