The Alberta High Performance Athlete Assistance Program grant supports Alberta's high performance athletes.
- Helps athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition
- Encourages athletes to stay in Alberta to live and train
- Enables athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals
- Increases athlete access to high performance coaching and sports science practitioners
- Enhances training and competitive opportunities available to athletes
Congratulations to past recipients of Podium Alberta grants
Althletes must have been nominated and accepted for carding status under Sport Canada's Athlete Assistance Program (AAP), and meet all the following criteria:
- Received AAP funding between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016 (Year in Review).
- The athlete must have been a resident of Alberta since July 1, 2014 or earlier (at least one year prior to Year in Review).
- The athlete must be training in Alberta. Exceptions will be made providing the athlete can prove:
- That he/she cannot receive the required level of training in Alberta and is out of the province temporarily during the year (i.e., due to lack of facilities, coaching, competition, national team requirements)
- That he/she must attend a post-secondary institution out-of-province because the course of study is not available in Alberta
- That it is more financially feasible to attend a post-secondary institution out-of-province
- Other extenuating circumstances that require the athlete to be out of province
- The athlete is not receiving funding from another province or territory
- The athlete must not be under sanction as per the Canadian Anti-Doping Policy
For program information, contact:
Consultant, High Performance Sport
Alberta Sport Connection
Suite 500 HSBC Building
10055 106 Street Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1G3