About Alberta Games
Alberta Games provide an opportunity to celebrate young athletes and provide them with a venue to compete and reach their athletic potential.
Since the games were introduced in 1986, thousands of athletes have enjoyed competing in every part of Alberta.
Goals of Alberta Games
Provide a competitive opportunity for developing athletes, generally 11 to 17 years of age.
Assist athletes who have the interest and ability to work toward their maximum potential.
Provide competition that will serve the developmental needs for each sport throughout Alberta.
- Assist in the preparation of potential athletes for the Canada Games.
Participating in Alberta Games
Visit www.albertagames.com to learn how to become a participant in an Alberta Winter and Summer Games.
Information will also be distributed through schools and provincial sport associations approximately four months prior to the games. Playoffs will be held two-to-four months prior to the games.
Alberta Games participants are provided with:
- Transportation to and from the Games
- Transportation during the Games
- Zone Identification (i.e. t-shirt) and sport bag
- Inclusion in ceremonies and other social events
- Provision of sport facilities and necessary sport equipment for competition in the host community
Alberta Games Sports
- Alpine Skiing
- Artistic Gymnastics
- Cross Country Skiing
- Figure Skating (Figure Skating Special)
- Freestyle Skiing
- Speed Skating
- Synchronized Swimming
- Cycling - BMX
- Cycling - Mountain Bike
- Team Handball
- Volleyball- Beach
These lists may vary slightly from games to games.
Visit albertagames.com for more information on Summer Games and Winter Games.