Alberta's newest campgrounds for 2012
Province expands camping reservation website
8 new campgrounds, 71 group camping areas
and 16 heritage attractions to be added to Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca.
Edmonton... Next year Albertans and visitors
can reserve a campsite online at 59 provincial campgrounds as eight
new campgrounds and 71 group camping sites are added to the
Starting February 21, 2012, the newest campgrounds,
available for online reservations up to 90 days in advance of
- Beauvais Lake Provincial Park near Pincher Creek;
- Chain Lakes Provincial Park near Nanton;
- Fish Lake Provincial Recreation Area near Rocky Mountain
- Medicine Lake Provincial Recreation Area near Rimbey;
- William A. Switzer Provincial Park: Jarvis Lake campground near
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park: Spruce Coulee, Reesor Lake
and Battle Creek campgrounds near Medicine Hat.
New in 2012, 71 provincial group camping areas will also be
available for online and phone reservations on Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca or by calling
1-877-537-2757. In 2012, online and phone reservations for these
group camping areas begin February 13 and can be made for the
entire 2012 season. The remaining 58 group camping areas will take
reservations by phone on January 3, 2012, and will be added to the
website in the future.