Association Development Program
Alberta Sport Connection (ASC) works to enhance, advocate, and inspire participation and partnership as Albertans strive for excellence in sport.
The Provincial Sport Organization Association Development Grant Program helps support Provincial Sport Organizations (PSOs), Disabled Sport Organizations (DSOs), and Multisport Service Organizations (MSOs) to deliver a wide range of sporting opportunities across the province.
The ADP Grant provides funding in order to achieve the following aims:
- Increase the number of Albertans participating in sport
- Encourage physical literacy, long-term athlete and coach development and lifelong participation
- Increase capacity across the sport system
- Support and develop quality coaches and officials
- Help Albertans strive for athletic excellence
Organized sport positively supports community development and is a key contributor to Albertans’ health, education, personal growth, and quality of life.
Supporting PSOs, DSOs, and MSOs with annual operational funding enables these organizations to offer programs that increase Albertans lifelong participation in sport, and support coaches and officials.
Resources - for more support on Best Practices, see our Governance Resources
- Recognition and Eligibility criteria for the ADP Grant - MSO and PSO/DSO
- MSO Categorization
- Zone Map - Communities are broken down and placed into zones across Alberta, find yours here
Program Coordinator of the ADP Grant:
Consultant, Sport Development
Alberta Sport Connection
500 HSBC Building, 10055 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1G3